Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bad Omens.

As surprising as this may be to all of you, I have a few bad habits. One of my worst? A penchant for getting terribly excited about a new hobby, saying I'm going to really "stick with" this one and "see it through," and then completely abandoning my pursuit about a month later.

For the purpose of this post, "it" is the 5 Mile road race this coming Saturday.

I talked, blogged and jogged my way through the first week after signing up. I was going to be a RUNNER, all caps. Fulfill my dreams of being lithe on my feet!

Then week two hit, and I sort of got sick of running. Then I went on vacation on week three. Then something at work happened... then I got sleepy... then I need to do laundry...

Fast forward to now, when I haven't run (actually, participated in any type of physical activity) for the past two weeks.


(Me, probably)

Things aren't looking good, my friends. I walked the dog for a mile yesterday and my hamstrings are sore. There is no way I finish this race in any sort of respectable time. Just no way.

My bad habits strike again.


No comments:

Post a Comment