Wednesday, March 3, 2010

About Me...?

On second though, an "about me" post is sort of the same thing as your first diary entry that told the blank pages that you have a brother and a crush on Johnny from the boy's school. It was cringe-worthy then, and that was before I knew better.

So let's just go right into something, shall we?

Bathing suit season.

Last year, I randomly and uncharacteristically found the.perfect.suit. at J.Crew a few weekends before the first trip to the Cape. I wore that thing to death, which means this year I have to find something new. Of course, the Crew's too cool and with it to carry the same suit I had, so we're starting on page one.

I actually ordered eight individual tops and bottoms from another company this weekend, hoping to recreate the magic. They all came this afternoon. Did I find a suitable replacement?

NO.

EIGHT SUITS. And all of them made me look too wide, too thin, lanky, and stubby, all at the same time. Distressing.

Any ideas, blogosphere? I hear Spanx is making suits these days... although I'm not sure if that would allow me the same amount of breathing room as the good old bikini does for eating snacks by the ocean. Something to think about in the next month or so.



P.S. Southern B thinks we need sign offs. I can only think of Jerry Springer's "Take care of yourself, and each other." Not the image I'm going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment