Sunday, March 7, 2010

No. Just... no.

Okay, look.

There are some things that take the joy right out of me.

The photo below is one of them.
Why yes, that IS a Gap Factory shirt. And, yes, there IS a little bit of foundation on the collar.

Yes, it was found at T.J. Maxx. And no, there's no shame in a little discount shopping before picking up the dog at the groomer.

But NO, your eyes don't deceive you. That shirt is $99.99.

I'll write that out for you, in case you didn't get it the first time. Ninety-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents. One penny short of one hundred dollars. Ninety-nine, ninety-nine.

I could tell you that I brought this to the attention of an associate, and she told me that was the correct price. I could also tell you that I was dissatisfied with that answer, and brought it to another associate, who admitted it was probably a mistake.

But instead of making this post longer than it needs to be, let's just all take a moment to acknowledge that for a brief moment in time, a pre-worn, unwashed, Gap outlet, ruffled and stripped shirt was priced at $99.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment